Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WOYWW: Footprints of Faith

It's been quite a busy week!
And if I were to take a picture of my craft room,
you'd think a whirlwind passed by!
I was very happy about the art fair last Saturday!
Thank you for all your encouragement and well wishes!

It's back to my usual schedule today
and my reading this morning is from John, chapter 8.

"Everyone who commits sin,
is a slave of sin."
John 8:34
We should strive to be FREE.
Take a simple thing like gossiping.
Do we delight in talking about other people
in a way that makes us feel superior?
I have to admit I am not free of this.
Sometimes I say,
"Let's pray for so and so
because you know what happened?..."

I only realize afterwards that
I let my tongue run away
and I was not in control of this very
powerful "sword of destruction".

There are a lot of other ways we 
are not bringers of peace and unity.
Let's examine our lives this Lent 
and see how we can become free
of these "termites" that are so
destructive and work quietly in the dark!

Wouldn't it be great if we could be
like the Saint Joseph,
who left "footprints of faith"
for us to follow?

Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose,
#11, Paula J
a wonderful blog
that encourages all of us to take the time
and stop and see God's blessings!

Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I love blog parties!
Won't you join us?

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas 
and party here:

Blessings!
Patsy

20 comments:

  1. Such a talented lady, wish I could draw like that!! glad the art fair went well for you.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue#27
    aka Frankiesue

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pages give so much inspiration and you give us a lot to think about. Your art is fantastic and your paintings speak to us from the page
    Wishing you a Happy WOYWW
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. what fab post!

    I want remind you too on our
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    love your blog!
    be blessed!
    xxx
    Susi
    from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Patsy. And yes, what we say sometimes comes out as gossip when we should have just asked for prayer - period. The Lord knows our every need and the needs of all the others, as well. Thanks for the reminder to be more diligent in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week Heather#133

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful artwork. I always enjoy the depth of color you use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your drawings are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to leave footprints of faith...

    I love this piece, Patsy. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful piece of art, Patsy. Thanks again for sharing.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patsy, glad to read the art fair was a success - it takes a lot of preparation for something like that. Your desk is looking busy too. Hope you are having a happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #55

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art!
    Happy WOYWW!

    StampinBoots x #144

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love how you weave your lovely art, God's words, and your messages together so beautifully! Blessed again by you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patsy,
    Your work is outrageously wonderful and meaningful. Your blog is a refreshing stop any time. I do not want to be a slave to sin but much prefer to leave faith steps.
    Thank you so much for posting your beautiful artwork with us. We hope to see you again next week.
    Psalm 91 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love your artwork - I'm getting more into drawing as well as just crafting myself. How lovely of you to send out ATCs each week too. :)

    Ali #88

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely artwork you are very talented
    Jackie 17

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely art and words. Anne x #162

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always, your artwork and accompanying thoughts on faith are so beautiful and poignant. The St. Joseph quote reminds me of that song from Rich Mullins that says:
    "Let mercy lead, let love be the strength in your legs.
    And in every footprint that you leave may there be a drop of grace."
    Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so beautiful and moving!! What a gorgeous piece of art!!

    Thanks so much for entering my giveaway!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patsy, you have such a gift, friend. The way you minister through art... it's beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OUCH Patsy! That one hit right between the eyes! There is so much truth to what you said, and to the verse of course. I had not thought of how I live in bondage to the sins I commit.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy