Wednesday, November 25, 2015

WOYWW: The Writing on the Wall

 Last night I was preparing some small canvases for painting.
I was gluing on book paper, and also applying gesso.
Can't tell you what I'm planning next as 
I just go with the flow!!!!

 "Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared, writing on the plaster of the wall in the king's palace." Daniel 5:5


 Sometimes, people use the expression, "You can see the writing on the wall" to signify an imminent danger or something bad is about to happen.  This cliche has its origins in the story of Daniel and King Belshazzar. One evening the King gave a great feast for a thousand nobles and used the gold and silver cups that had been stolen from the temple in Jerusalem.  Suddenly a disembodied hand started writing on the wall a judgement against the King. I was thinking it would be great if we could see writing on the wall every time we took a wrong turn, or made some bad choices. Unfortunately dramatic things that happened in the Bible don't seem to be commonplace today. I suppose that is because God has already left His writings in an easily accessible location- His book! It is so easy to know God's mind and heart today. We just need to open the bible and get to know Jesus. Whoever knows Jesus knows the Father!

 "And when you hear of wars and insurrections, don't panic." Luke 21:9

When you see images of carnage, bloody sieges on TV, do not be afraid. Is this possible? The people on the streets of Paris, in Brussels, Bamako, can they be steadfast and unafraid? Those people in New York, in Washington, in Beirut, in Baghdad, can they walk their streets confident that all will be well? In Hebrew, the word for safety is "Yeshua". Jesus is our safety. Jesus is our deliverance. Indeed the safest place for you and me is within the will of God!



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

7 comments:

  1. What's that saying? You learn something new everyday? Yeshua is hebrew for 'safety'. That's something new for me. New and really cool. I'm glad I was your neighbor at Unite today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic paintings from your inspiration pictures hugs Nikki 6

    ReplyDelete
  3. those canvases don't look that small to me, rather medium sized. Vicky(#8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, going with the flow. That is a sign of your artistic confidence, I can tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paintings!

    Greetings, Sofie # 37
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and inspirational!!have a great week! Ginny M#34

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow looks amazing. Wish I had such talent to just go with the flow!! Take care Zo xx 33

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy