Tuesday, February 23, 2016

White as Snow

 This is what I came up with
when my sister asked me to come up with a craft 
for our monthly papemelroti e-newsletter.

 I have long wanted to make use of the 
never ending toilet paper rolls that pass through my hands.
It seems a pity to throw it away and for it to end up
in our trash mountains in Payatas!

 And so here are some of the "packaging" I have come up with
using the lowly toilet paper roll, book paper, 
and all sorts of embellishment I found in my drawers.

I went to Art Fair Philippines last Sunday,
and here are some of the art that impressed me-
Jethro Vin Rafael's painting on newspapers.

A corner of Jethro's installation.
He sort of recreated his living area with a bed, plants,
collages....

and his collection of tea pots!

Huge stuffed mamas sewn on to batibot chairs!

My favorite artist was Daniel dela Cruz who 
made these whimsical bronze sculptures...

as well as interpretations of the 7 Deadly Sins, the Beatitudes, etc.
So amazingly intricate!

This is a lady confessing to a priest.
I could have stayed to look at all the details a looong time,
but there were so many people who wanted to see it.
I love going to art fairs!

"Come now, let us set things right, though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow..." Isaiah 1:18

In my other Bible, this verse reads: "Come now, let us argue this out," says the Lord, "No matter how deep the stains of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow."  Freshly fallen snow can be blindingly white. Many times when we sin, we cannot forgive ourselves, and we are too ashamed to come to God. In Ezra 9:6, Ezra was appalled at the sins of his people the Jews and prayed to God, "O my God, I am utterly ashamed; I blush to lift up my face to you. For our sins are piled higher than our heads, and our guilt has reached to the heavens. Our whole history has been one of great sin." Have we ever blushed because of our sin? Has our guilt for all our wrong doing reached up to the heavens?


Recently I have discovered this reality show of a family of celebrities on the the E! channel because we switched to another cable provider. I had heard of this family before but had never watched their show. I have to confess that I was fascinated. They showed all their dirty laundry for everyone to see! One daughter was complaining to their mother about some expensive tiles her mother had used without her permission. All of them were convincing one of their sisters to date because she and her husband separated. They were all advocating doing what makes you happy. Their lives revolved around making money and having the time of their life, and experiencing the "best day ever!". I have this propensity of praying for celebrities because I know they influence a huge swathe of people. I pray for the conversions of TV hosts, sports stars, etc. But I did not think of praying for this family, maybe because I thought they were too far gone the other side! Ha ha ha! God is reminding me that it is so easy for him to erase sins, and who am I to judge! Compared to the holiness of God, MY sins are just as scarlet! I really should blush with all that I do that deeply wounds God! Yes please Lord, let me set things right! Though my sins be like scarlet, may they become white as freshly fallen snow! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy