Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Just a Prayer Away


“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss .

One little fabric bead on my work desk. I wonder what I will do with it? Make more and connect the beads with a chain? Attach a tassel to it? Will it become a pair of earrings? A necklace? A bag ornament? I am so sorry I have to leave it and go to work!



“Give ear to my prayer...” Psalm 17:1

This morning, I heard an amusing story about a woman in the US. She left her purse, phone and car keys inside her car and she was frantic because she needed to get somewhere urgently. After borrowing an old hanger from a store nearby, she realized she had no idea what to do with it. So she bowed her head and prayed, crying out to God in frustration. After 5 minutes, a huge burly tattooed man on a motorcycle roared to a stop beside her car. Noticing her troubled face, he asked if she needed help. In her desperation, she said yes. He was able to open her car in a few minutes! She hugged him, and still crying, thanked him profusely. “You’re such a nice man!” she kept repeating.

He answered, “No, no I’m not, lady. I just got out of prison for car theft.” The woman hugged the man again and exclaimed, “Thank You, Father, You love me so much, You sent a professional!” 



Sometimes, God answers our prayers in unexpected ways. We just need to pray. In a simplified metaphor, we can compare God’s power to electricity. There is no light if we don’t turn on the switch. The refrigerator won’t work, our computer won’t run, our TV will be blank, if we don’t plug the appliances on to the socket. If we don’t pray, talk to God or even be silent before Him, we won’t have any connection to the One Mighty Powerful King of the Universe and beyond. How privileged we are that He us just a prayer away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy