Saturday, November 25, 2017

God of the Living

“God is not God of the dead but of the living.” Luke 20:38



One of the glaring characteristics of the lifeless is they cannot love, they cannot hope, there is no future for them, there is nothing. They will just go back to the ground from whence they came. But the Bible tells us that there is a different kind of death. This kind is more like a door that will bring us to a reality that we cannot imagine now. 

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9) The key to the door is love, love for God and love for others. While we live, each and every day, we have the chance to become more and more that person who can possess the key to enter the door. We cannot find that key lying around in church, or while praying thousands of Hail Marys. But every single day, God gives us Himself to love, and if we find it hard to love Someone we do not see, we can love the beggar we do. 

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I  needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” 



Like Mother Teresa, let us spread love everywhere we go. “Let no one ever come to you without leaving a little happier.” If we can do that, we will help make this often dark, dreary, desolate world a little brighter, and find the key to eternal joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy