Wednesday, May 30, 2018

WOYWW: The Grass Withers

I was watching a movie on my phone, and painting on my planner last night. I also have some unfinished projects- a stuffed cat and bear I am painting. 



“The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.” 

1 Peter 1:24-25



When I look around me, it seems as if I am safe. My house has a strong foundation, the building where I work has withstood earthquakes and storms, I have flown back and forth in airplanes many times, and the people around me have my good at heart. The truth is my house may have termites gnawing somewhere in secret. Some time ago, my helper who has apparently very good hearing, heard termites attacking her bedroom door and we were able to call a pest control company. As for our building, in the past month, the fire alarm sounded twice! We never know when the fragility of solid things around us impacts our consciousness. 


Of all we know in this world, only the Word of God stands sure and eternal. In 1 Peter 1:23, it says that we can be born anew, not from perishable seed but from imperishable seed, “through the living and abiding Word of God.” Our eternal spirits crave eternal food, and there is only one, the living bread of life, the Word became flesh. So let us try not to satiate ourselves with what the world can offer, but spend more time in pursuit of what our soul hungers for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy