Sunday, July 01, 2018

Faith Connection

"Daughter, your faith has healed you." 
Mark 5:34



The story of this woman who had been hemorrhaging for 12 years can be discouraging. She spent everything she had for doctors and medicine and she was not getting better. In fact she was getting worse! I know so many people who have been sick a long time. In fact I am one of them! I have Pemphigus Vulgaris, an auto-immune disorder, very strange and very uncommon. Sometimes I feel like that veiled woman in a crowd in search ofJesus. "If only I can get close to Him. If only I had enough faith."

This woman was very fortunate in that she managed to touch Jesus' garments and she was healed instantly. Jesus looked around at the crowd surrounding Him, and asked, "Who touched me?" What is important to me in this story is that Jesus looked for her. For 12 years, perhaps she was feeling neglected by God, insignificant. How many times do we pray, "Do you care, God? Do You know what I am going through?" This is what our enemy wants, that we think God does not care, God does not know what we are going through. In this battle of the mind, we need to fight for the truth.
God does care. We matter to Him. Every single one of us. We are loved. That is what we want to know in our heart. "Who touched me?" is the cry of a God who wants to connect with us. Faith is our connection. 

"Daughter, your faith has healed you," Jesus said. And so with us. Our faith that whatever we go through, whether 12 years or not, whether it is about healing, or broken relationships, or lack of money or whatever, God walks with us. God is there, loving us whatever we are going through. He will never allow things to happen to us that is not good for our character. That will not make us bloom. In the next story of Jairus and his daughter, Jesus says, "Do not be afraid. just trust me."

Yes Lord, I trust You. You will work everything in my life for my good, because I love You and I trust You! (Romans 8:28)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, Patsy. Some days my faith is small, and God reminds me that he loves me in the littlest ways. When I am looking for something which I cannot find, I ask God to help me find it, and it never fails, I will be reaching into a closet, or a drawer and putting my hand on the very item I could not find. If God loves us so very much in the little things in life, it means that the greater, more important things are just as important to ask for and God will provide just what we need. If I had not had trials in my life, I would not have grown to trust the Lord so much for my life. It is good to be able to reach out to those of like faith, because there is such a communion to our conversations. The Oneness of the Holy Spirit is so joyous, it is almost too beautiful to be put into words. May you have a glorious day, and may God comfort you in your rare medical malady. Prayer changes things, even if it is just our attitude. Love and blessings in Jesus name. Teresa in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unlocker software which can be used to delete a file in Windows that can not be remove earlier.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy