Wednesday, February 27, 2019

WOYWW: The Way of Peace



I’m continuing to work on some banners for Friendship Day. It’s rather slow going. 



And here’s how my table looks! A lot of scrap paper!!! 



“Those who love your law have great peace...” Psalm 119:165

Peace can be very illusive if we allow the anxieties and worries of the world to reign in our hearts and minds. But we are called to peace, it says in Colossians 3:15. Instead of anxiety, we should let the peace of Christ rule in our hearts. Easier said than done? 

When my mom was diagnosed with tongue cancer, she would sometimes be very restless and anxious. But I noticed that when I read to her from the Bible, or she would listen to preachers on YouTube, she would calm down and God’s peace would strengthen her. All her life, she turned to God and His Word. She read through the Bible from Genesis to the Book of Revelation many, many times. I can say my mom was a strong woman who found her strength in the Lord. 

I think many of us today have feelings of uneasiness and foreboding about the future. We have concerns about our children. We have apprehensions about the leadership of our country and the coming elections. If it is not that, then we stress about our work, conflicts in relationships, finances or health concerns. But we are instructed to cast our cares, all our anxieties, on God for He cares for us in a very real way. (1 Peter 5:7)

My particular favorite promise is found in Philippians 4:4-7 “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

May we imitate Saint Teresa of Jesus, who wrote, “Nada te turbe”, “Let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you, everything passes, God does not change, He who has God lacks  nothing.” 


Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!

Patsy  

7 comments:

  1. It maybe slow going Patsy but I believe it must be so therapeutic to play with those odds and ends. Your created banners will be marvellous. Love your water coloured pages, painting over text really does add extra dimension to painted spaces.
    Thank you for sharing WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work, Patsy!
    Happy WOYWW :)
    Claire no. 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patsy, your work is lovely, I like how you've painted over the text, makes a lovely BG
    Jan x no21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the looks of your scraps of paper - such lovely colour combinations. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a great week. With love Caro x (#26)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patsy! Beautiful work on your desk. I sometimes think things made from scraps are better than all 'new'. (Probably why I have so many) Happy Wednesday Cindy #17.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love scrap paper Patsy, sometimes it's great inspiration. Your colourful pile will lead to an amazing banner I'm sure. Happy WOYWW Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. How come when your desk is covered in scraps of paper I can still see the colour and purpose and art in it all, and when its on my desk, it looks like a mess!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy