Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WOYWW: What Comes Out


Here’s what’s on my table: my new Journaling Bible, interleaved edition. I got it before Christmas but I just gathered enough nerve to use it today. It’s got a blank page every other printed page. Somehow I thought without the words for a background, the painting won’t come out as nice. Also I am not confident at all about my lettering!



“What comes out of a man, that is what defiles him.” Mark 7:20

And here is what Jesus further said: “From within the man, from his thought life, from his heart, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly. All these evils come from within and they defile.” 

Yes I must confess that sometimes my thought life disgusts me, when I think too much about myself, or when I am judgmental and self-righteous. Our thoughts can be like mad dogs, if we don’t reign them in at the start with a forceful tug, they will run away and it’s hard to catch them! 

Instead of complaining, Lord, may praise and gratitude come out of my mouth. May I have contentment in my heart, never envy or any malice towards others. Instead of pride, arrogance or a sense of entitlement, may humility and a desire for the best for others reign in my being. In all circumstances may I have an undisturbed joy, not anxiety or worry. 



May I not be blind to my faults and failures, so I can regularly align with Your will and purpose for my life, amen. 


Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!
I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!

Patsy  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Patsy, there is nothing wrong with your image or cute beauty of your lettering, the s is wonderful work in your nice new interleaved bible, well done you!!
    Happy WOYWW, no numbers yet,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy