Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Our Manual


“It is the Creator of the universe who shapes each man’s beginning...” 2 Maccabees 7:23




It seems that we are seeing the destruction of the world and society before our very eyes. The reason may be that man has lost his purpose, his meaning, why he was created. Man was made to know, to love and to serve God. It is set clearly in our manual, our instruction booklet, the Bible. 


The same way that we must refer to the manual or online guides if we want to use an appliance, a phone, a car, in the best way the manufacturer intended, we need to read the Bible to live the way our Creator purposed. Is that not common sense? It is so sad to see how people want to make their own laws, ignoring the inherent value of each human being even when that baby is in the womb. 


“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfullyand wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.” (Psalm 139:13-15) Indeed we are made in the image and likeness of God Himself! (Genesis 1:26-28)


“For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for self-indulgence, but through love become slaves to one another. For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Galatians 5:13-14)


Have we loved our neighbors? In our own country, our own neighborhood, our workplace, I see with regret how many of our neighbors we have neglected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy