Friday, July 02, 2021

Follow Me

"Follow me." Matthew 9:9




Jesus saw Matthew the tax collector sitting at the customs post and He said, "Follow me."


Tax collectors were the most despised people in Jesus' day. They collaborated with the Romans and were considered traitors. Today, here in the Philippines, the Bureau of Internal Revenue is considered one of the most corrupt departments in government. We had a problem with the BIR and one of the agents told our accountant, “It's so easy for your problem to go away!" insinuating that if we gave him bribe money, he would help us!


Wasn’t it amazing that Jesus chose Matthew! He knew without a doubt that this man was a sinner! And it was in spite of that that Jesus picked him out of the crowd and made him part of the chosen Twelve! God’s ways are certainly different from ours. Jesus told the protesting Pharisees, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do." The Pharisees did not realize that they were 'sick' too! All they wanted to do was observe Jesus, criticize Him, and catch Him doing wrong.


Lord, may I not be like the Pharisees. May I realize that I need You! Thank You that in Your extraordinary mercy and grace, You allow me to be part of Your team, the Chosen ones! You know I am a sinner, yet You picked me, just like You picked Matthew. May I follow You and learn from You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy