Saturday, July 10, 2021

All the Hairs on our Head are Counted

"Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge. Even all the hairs on your head are counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31




 When I was young, maybe about 11 or 12 years old, I remember staring at this plaque on our wall which read, "God is love". It was crudely made as I had made it myself from built up cardboard covered in gesso. While staring at it, God spoke to my heart saying, "Yes, I am love." And from then till now, I never doubted it.


I think it was one of my foundational experiences. Because I knew God loved me, I grew up confident in that love. It did not matter if people rejected me, hurt me, laughed at me, judged me, thought me weird (of this, there were many!). Everything was OK, because, Hey! God loves me!


If we are not confident of God's love, we can search for signs, take note of it, and thank God for it.


Somebody gave me a chocolate bar, yey! God loves me! Somebody encouraged me, somebody paid me a visit, God answered a small or a big prayer, Yey! God loves me!


I found a lost thing, I have money to pay for something I really really want, the coffee smells great, I have time to draw, Yey!!! God loves me!!!


If we are more conscious of the small things God does for us, we won't doubt His BIG love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy