Thursday, April 07, 2022

The Lord is My Shepherd

“The Lord is my shepherd...” Psalm 23:1




The beloved Psalm, the 23rd, was most probably written by King David towards the end of his life. After all that happened to him, the twists and turns, betrayals and victories, his serious sins against God and his punishments, he could still write, “The Lord is my shepherd, there is nothing I shall want. In verdant pastures He gives me repose; beside restful waters He leads me; He refreshes my soul.” King David knew His God intimately. 


Before he died, King David reminded his son who would be the next ruler, “And Solomon my son, get to know the God of your ancestors. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and with a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and understands and knows every plan and thought. If you seek Him, you will find Him...The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as His sanctuary. Be strong and do the work.”  


We should take this advice to heart. We too are given this same work by God, to build His Temple here on earth, His Kingdom. We are to be Jesus’ hands, His feet, His eyes and His heart. In the Gospel reading today from John 8:12-20, Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jesus does not leave us alone to accomplish the mission He gave His people. We have His promise that He will light our way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy