Sunday, September 04, 2022

Discover Your Wings

“Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:27



Cross. Even the word scares me. Instead of looking at the "crosses" in our life as misfortunes, with dread, alarm, resignation, could we ever be joyful about them, excited even? “I've got the Big C!!! Be happy for me!!!" Probably not. Unless we really embrace the fact that God's love for us will never allow anything remotely bad for us. 

Suffering is God's opportunity in disguise.

"Be like a bird that, halting in its flight
Rests on a bough too slight,
And feeling it give way beneath him SINGS,
Knowing HE HATH WINGS!"
(Anon)

Carrying our cross is an opportunity to discover our wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy