Saturday, September 03, 2022

The Lord’s Day

“The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” 

Luke 6:5




Our family is part of a Christian Community, Ang Ligaya ng Panginoon (The Joy  of the Lord), which in turn is part of a community of communities around the world called The Sword of the Spirit. We celebrate the Lord’s Day every Sunday, starting after sunset of Saturday. 


One time, my husband led the prayer meeting. We had a good time worshiping the Lord, singing and praying.


Then we had a teaching about the Lord's Day, or the Sabbath. I've heard a lot of teachings about this, and honestly, I thought, I don't think I'm going to learn anything new! But I did!


In John 19:28-31, Jesus said, “It is finished." With that, he bowed his head, and gave up His spirit. Jesus proclaimed this on the 6th day. God finished His work of creation on the 6th day. Jesus rested on the 7th day (Friday after sunset), and God rested on the 7th day (Genesis 2). Jesus completed His redeeming work, and He is the fulfillment of the Sabbath rest.


It is obviously very important to God, that we set apart the Sabbath. How wonderful that our God thinks of even this for us! We who are sometimes slaves to our work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy