Friday, November 22, 2013

Paint Party Friday: Peace is our GateKeeper!

Every morning, I come down early, 
when the house is all quiet
and I read my Bible.
Then I paint what I want to remember.

 
Today I read from Luke 19,
the story where Jesus was so angry
because there were so many stalls in the temple area.
There was buying and selling of money
and animals and who knows what else.

Jesus said, "My house shall be a house of prayer
and you have made it a den of thieves!!!"
In 1 Corinthians 6:19-20,
St. Paul says our body is the 
temple of the Holy Spirit.
I was wondering  if there was anything
in my heart and mind and body
that would anger Jesus.
Are there too many worldly things
going on in my heart and mind?

"If this day you only knew 
what would make for peace."
Luke 19:42
The secret to having peace
in your heart and mind
is in the Bible too!
"Do not be anxious about anything,
but in every situation,
by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God 
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts
and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

Imagine that there is a gatekeeper
standing before our heart and mind,
keeping away anxiety and troubles!
Certainly we all want that!
The secret is thanksgiving,
praise and gratefulness!
I think Jesus will be very happy with that!!!


Every week I choose one wonderful visitor
who leaves a comment
to receive an ATC from me.
I know it takes so much time and effort
to leave a comment
and I appreciate it soooo much!

This week,
Random.org chose
 #16, Irene Rafael.
She makes some fascinating 
paintings and collages.
I like them especially when
she adds her own writing.



Linking with

Sometimes I put on my best pajamas and
join these wonderful blog parties!!!
So many WONDERFUL blogfriends to discover!

Thank you for dropping by!
You are appreciated!
Patsy

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful extracts from the scriptures and beautiful paintings to match Patsy. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating artwork!Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pieces. The woman holding the bird is precious. Your country has been in my thoughts and prayers this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful paintings! Especially I like the second one! Also a wonderful post and your country are in my thoughts each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pages and Philippians 4: 6-7 is one of my favourite scriptures and has helped me many a time. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art and words are always uplifting to me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this reminder. I have been anxious lately feeling overwhelmed with so much to do. You are right, I need to remember this when that feeling comes over me. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work of art ...very calming and serene :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful interpretations of Scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing God's Word come alive with your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are truly great images you have here. Love especially the ones with the girl and the bird. So glad you blessed us with your awesome project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post and the paintings and scriptures. I prize peace above everything.
    Blessings,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy