Wednesday, June 04, 2014

WOYWW: God's Work

When I woke up this morning,
this is what my desk looked like.
My family and I are going to Vietnam
and I am researching so 
I can make our schedule.
My father wants to go and see
Halong Bay as my sister Peggy
and her family had great stories about it.

May I share what my brother Robert 
did last Monday?
We have a new store in
SM Pampanga, a mall in
San Fernando, Pampanga.

He painted this on top of our counter
and he did not even need to do 
a pencil sketch before painting!

But he said that what was amazing is
he did not spill any paint on any one!

 "And for their sake
and on their behalf
I consecrate (sanctify, dedicate) myself,
so that they also may be
consecrated in truth." John 17:19

How amazing is it that
Jesus thought us worthy of His
dedicating His whole life to make sure
we can be with Him in Heaven?

How inconceivable is it
that He allowed Himself to become
the sacrificial lamb,
God the Father's Isaac,
so he could bring us to our eternal Home?

All of us were put here on earth for a purpose. 

St. Paul in Acts 20:24 said, 
"Yet I consider life as of no importance to me, 
if only I may finish my course 
and the ministry that I received 
from the Lord Jesus, 
to bear witness to the Gospel of God's grace."

For most of us, our lives are not as
dramatic as St. Paul,
but it is a race of perseverance nonetheless.
Carlos Lasa Jr, Charlie, my brother-in-law,
was asked by Peggy, my sister,
if he wanted to serve in the
Prison Ministry in QC Jail.
He exclaimed adamantly,
"What?!!! Are you crazy?!!!"

He started preaching there in 2009,
in spite of his misgivings,
and he still continues to go there every week.
Sometimes he gets discouraged.
Last week, one of the former inmates
visited him and said he got a woman pregnant.
Charlie felt so disheartened and angry.
Why was he doing this every week
if it did not make a difference?

Peggy said they go to QC Jail
to show the inmates that they are loved,
that some people care for them,
even if they are forgotten
by their families who do not visit.

Cardinal Rosales said we all
have a mission, and what is
important is we love our brothers,
we are generous with what we have,
our time and resources, our gifts and talents.
And we should always remember
it is God's work, not ours.
We may plant but God will give the growth,

I admire Charlie a lot.
Sometimes I see him walking into the jail
all by himself, bringing cookies and juice
for the inmates.
He is "bearing witness to the
Gospel of God's grace"
not only with his words
but by his actions as well!
God bless him!!!




Blessings!
Patsy





11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Beautiful work and words! Blessed I stopped by today from Testimony Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a very talented family. Your brother did a fantastic job on that mural. Very impressive.

    Have fun in Vietnam. I hear it's a tourist place, now. When I was young (very young), my country was at war with Vietnam. Somehow I still get nervous when I hear someone plans to go there.

    Have a great WOYWW, even though Julia isn't awake yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always feel so blessed when I visit you. Gorgeous art!! Hugs and Happy WOYWW #261 EatWriteDreamStitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are obviously a very talented family, as they say "the force is strong in your family". What a fantastic job your brother made of the wall.
    Happy crafting, Angela x @Felix the Crafty Cat #7

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your brother are very talented artists. I love your painting of Jesus and the scripture you chose to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing your wonderful art and posts with us. I also want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the lovely painting you sent me, and please know that I cherish it. It's displayed in my kitchen on a corner shelf.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip, and I see talent runs in the family : ). Your brother's artwork is amazing. Happy WOYWW! #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing family - you, your brother and Charlie! Have a great trip. Hugs, Chris # 10 xx PS Your ATCs went in the post today xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Thanks for sharing your talents and those of your family with us at Testimony Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome family Patsy! I love how artistic you all are and how you all pull together for one another...very inspiring. I haven't been able to post on Wednesdays for a while and I have missed it! Sorry I am so late getting around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot of talent in your family. Your brother did a great job on the mural. It is always a blessing to read your thoughts. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy