Friday, October 16, 2015

Paint Party Friday: Nothing Hidden!

 "Even the hairs of your head are counted!" Luke 12:7
How precious are we to God? So precious He knows how much hair there is on our head. Now I do not know why He needs to know that, but that's what it says in the Bible! If He knows that, then He also keeps track of what we are doing every minute, every second of the day. In Jeremiah 29:11 it says that God has a plan for each of us, not just a mediocre plan, but a really excellent one. So it would be great to get to know what that plan is, to work with God, to make it come true.

 Nick Vujicic was born with the tetra-amelia syndrome. He does not have arms. He does not have legs. But he goes around the world preaching to millions of people. One time, he had a short meeting with the President of Ecuador. A few days after that, the President had to consider a law that would allow abortion of disabled fetuses. He vetoed it because he said Ecuador needed more Nick Vujicics! We may not have as big a challenge as Nick, but certainly we have as important a role to play in God's plan for the world!

"There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, nothing hidden that will not be made known." Luke 12:2

When Jesus told this to the crowd of thousands listening to Him, it might have seemed like a threat, but I take this as a promise of freedom. The enemy likes to work in the dark, he likes us to hide thoughts, motives and intentions, so he can have power over us.

When I was young, I liked to read but we only had a few books in the house. Then my aunt went to the US to get married and left us boxes of her books. There was War and Peace and Gone with the Wind that I read innumerable times during my High School years. Unfortunately, the rest of the books were romantic novels by Lucy Walker and Barbara Cartland, mostly Mills and Boone. I kept a stash of my favorites under my bed for years, the ones that did not embarrass me. When I was in college, God told me to throw those favorites away. I did not want to. It was my guilty secret. It was almost as if I loved those books! I wrestled with God for months until one day, I told my sister Meldy what God wanted me to do. She said, "Then throw it away!" and just like that I was able to throw it all away. The hold the enemy had on me was broken.

Now I know if the enemy has a hold on me, all I have to do is bring it to the light!


Home

Linking with

So many WONDERFUL blogfriends 
to discover here!

and


Thank you for dropping by!

You are appreciated!

patsy

5 comments:

  1. Your post is a call to everyone to not hide their light under and kind of a barrel. Lovely art and once again an inspirational post. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 205th AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful reminder, and beautiful art. I love the canvas of words you use. These pieces fill my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give. Thank you for your wise reminders of how important we are to God. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post with equally wonderful art.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful illustrations as always. So delighted that you joined us at Word Art Wednesday. A new challenge is starting today and I hope you visit us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word found in Jeremiah 29:12-13 and the Lord tells us, "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Have an awesome day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, thank you. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy