Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WOYWW: You are Forgiven!



There's something wrong with the formatting function of Blogger today.
Can't fix the font size, the font, and this looks all wrong!
But anyway, this is what I was doing last night.
 am preparing for Art in the Park,an art fair on September 3.

 
It's still a work in progress but I am soooo happy.
I posted this on Facebook and somebody wants to buy it already!

 
"How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?" Matthew 26:15Before Holy Thursday and before Good Friday, I usually find a way to go to confession. Tonight is the night for that. I don't like going to confession, although I like the feeling after. I studied in UP (the University of the Philippines) almost my whole life and there's no religion subject there. No requirement that we go to confession like in Catholic schools.  No cathechism. I was baptized both in the Methodist Church (my dad's church) and the Catholic Church (my mom's). And when I was very young, we would go to both the Catholic mass and the Methodist service, until I said I liked daddy's church better because there was juice and games for the kids! My mom then put a stop to that and I did not go to church till I was much much older. And I hardly ever went to confession when I was young.


Confession to me is like looking for the ways I betray Jesus, and giving it to the priest so he can say like Jesus, "You are forgiven. I forgive you seventy times seven." God never gives up on us. After confession, I sometimes have this urge to cry and cry. Even if we sin big, it's not over until God says it's over. Just like the adulterous woman that people wanted to stone. Jesus said in John 8:7: "Whoever is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her." Jesus is without sin, and He could be the first to cast a stone, a boulder at us even! But does He? No. He would take the stones for us, and He did, at Calvary.  Lord, thank you so much for Your forgiveness and mercy. Thank you that we can always come to You for that and more! Even when we betray you, deny you, You will always accept us back like Your beloved prodigal daughter or son! 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

12 comments:

  1. Pretty painting Pasty perfect for spring time hugs Nikki??

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the sale, happy WOYWW, Vicky #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting and thank you for the insight to your faith, I think I needed that this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a hard one to accept today Patsy in the aftermath of the Brussels bombing.
    Lynn 13 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patsy, I always love to see your artwork and the portraits are so clever. Have a great woyww and happy crafty Easter, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome journal page. Nice painting too.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #32

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting. Art in the Park sounds like fun! Nice journalling as always.

    Sharon K #51

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Pasty. I love your painting and have a great Easter weekend. Hugs~Anne L#7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your style & you bible page, I just ordered my bible & looking forward to journaling. FYI I was raised by my grandparents in both Catholic & Protestant church. Donna WOYWW #58

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful. Love your work.
    Happy very belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #62

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab artwork as always. Take care Zo xx 43

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy