Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WOYWW: Lost and Found

Here is my Bible, after I traced
the man in the magazine on to the page on the right.
I tried to make a video when I was painting
but I still need to figure out how to 
put the video here! 

"We have found Him of whom Moses in the Law and also the Prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph." John 1:45
There are many amazing stories of how lost items find their way back to their owners, but there are more instances of people who never find what they are looking for. I have been searching for some vcds with recordings of Josh, my son, when he was a few days old. I have not seen them since we transferred to our present home 4 years ago. My brother Robert has been searching for his precious Budapest sketchbook. My sister lost Watson, a little stuffed bear with a suitcase who travelled around the world with her. She left him in New York and it broke her heart! Have you lost something or some one?

Imagine searching and waiting for a loved one for a long time like the Jews have been waiting for their Messiah for hundreds and hundreds of years. Then when he comes, you don't recognize him! What a tragedy! Perhaps he didn't look as you expected him to look. You thought he was rich, a King, but he came dressed in a poor man's garb. You thought he was powerful, but he was a barefoot preacher. A few Jews like Philip and Nathaneal in the 1st chapter of John, recognized Him. Then more and more realized Jesus was the Messiah and followed Him, even gave their lives to obey Him! Why? I think it was because, like Nathaneal, they went to see, to listen, with an open heart and mind and allowed God to work.
Lord, may I always be open to what You want to do in my life. May I never lose sight of who You are, so I may find the treasure I need never forfeit!



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy  


9 comments:

  1. Pretty page in your book that you've painted as always :) hugs Nikki 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful age you have created.
    Here's to many more of them in your Bible.
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art is incredible, Elaine no. 15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing artwork Patsy, I love it! Would love to see your video! There are different ways to embed videos on your blog. What I normally do is upload them to YouTube and then get the "Embed" code from there (within the Share options). Just copy it (right-click, copy) then paste the code into your blogpost through the HTML tab in Blogger. Here's a video which explains different options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdqUlio-_M Good luck! zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, your Bible art journaling is wonderful! I love it! And also the message you have shared with it. Thanks for sharing. #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drawing is amazing. Jesus appears to us in many different forms and this is a perfect example of that. Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs
    Chris P #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patsy, I love your art AND your heart! I, like you, pray I ALWAYS have an open ear, eye and heart towards our Father! I can't imagine living in that time and not recognizing Him, but even today I have to repent for not recognizing Him in "small" things that I miss whereby He was clearly speaking to me! Thank goodness for a loving Father who loves unconditionally and without condemnation and with forgiveness! He's been soooooo patient with me! Thanks you, as always, for your words of encouragement! Blessings, Felicia #32

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good word and beautiful painting, Patsy. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that drawing and painting has produced a look a like of Liam Neeson!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy