Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bearing Fruit!

"Perhaps it will bear fruit..." Luke 13:9
 
Yesterday my friends Lyan and Honeylou were telling me about Dodong Cacanando. He used to be an executive with HP until he resigned in 1998 after he received a word from God to start farming. Now he owns and manages Moriah Farms in Bukidnon. After using the Bible as his business manual, he turned the inhospitable soil into a thriving farm and has written 2 books about what he has learned about fruitfulness. I am eager to read his books to know more about what he has discovered through the years. He uses the plant as a model on how to be more fruitful in life, and profitable in business. He says that if we want to be fruitful, we shouldn't focus on the fruit which is a by-product of a healthy, purposeful life, in the same way that a business owner like me should not focus on the profit. 
 
In Luke 13, we find a man who is looking for fruit in his fig tree. Finding none, he wants it cut down. The gardener says that he will take care of it first, put fertilizer and see if it will bear fruit. If it still does not bear fruit, then he will cut it. Lord, thank You for Your patience with me! May I use the gifts You have given me, and bear fruit to bless others! 

2 comments:

  1. hi, thank you very much for sharing this. May I know where did you bought the book of Mr. Dodong.
    thank you and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em, A friend lent it to me. But maybe you can find it in the Christian bookstore in Shoppesville, Greenhills. I forget the name but it is located on the top floor and in the same line as our papemelroti. It is published by the Church Strengthening Ministry.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy