Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Rich Grow Rich

"To the man who has, more will be given until he grows rich; the man who has not, will lose what little he has." 

Matthew 13:12





It may seem that the rich grow richer and richer and the poor, poorer. 85% of the world's wealth is owned by 10% of the population! And only a few own a whopping 40%!!! 1% to be exact!!! But is this what Jesus was pointing out? I am reminded of Jesus' parable of the rich man in Matthew 25 who went away on a journey leaving his servants with money to take care of. To one he gave 5 talents, to another 2, and to the last, he gave one. When he came back, he praised the servants who invested his money and gave them some more. As for the third one who hid the money, the master took it away to give to the first. 


God means us to use whatever He has given us. It may be money, talents, time, land, power, influence, knowledge, intelligence, wisdom, beauty, etc. He can be a hard taskmaster as we see in many of the stories of the Bible. What has He given me, and how have I used it to give Him glory?


I think of Nick Vuijic who was born without arms nor legs, but he is able to bring many people to repentance and gratitude by the way he lives his life, and preaches around the world. 

I have a friend who did not start out with much but because of his passion, has been able to build a center for street children, put many of them through school and is now making his dream of a farm for them come true. 




Lord, may I recognize my gifts, all of them, hone them and use them to serve You and my brothers and sisters. May I be able to say when I meet You face to face, that I did not waste anything You have blessed me with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy