Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Let Us Reason Together

“Come now, let us reason together...” Isaiah 1:18



Here it is as if God is saying to me, there is a reason for your hope. You do not have to take everything I say by faith. When I teach you My ways, there is good judgment behind it. Daily we strive to pray, read His Word, obey Him, do good deeds especially during Lent. The world and all its dissenting voices may tell us we are crazy because there is no god. If there is a god, he does not care. 

But I see there is a God, and He does care. If we really want to know Him, He made a way through the Bible. But how do we know the Bible is true? God has blessed us with evidence, overwhelming data to fight deception. During the holocaust over 20,000 Torah scrolls were destroyed, and the attacks against the Bible and God’s Word continues on. But just as Jesus said in Matthew 24:35, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.” In John 17:17, Jesus claimed, “Thy Word is truth.” If the Bible is true, then it has to have been transmitted accurately from ancient times. Tens of thousands of manuscripts dating from 250 BC, 2 silver amulets dating from the time of Hezekiah with the Aaronic blessing, a 24 ft. long complete scroll of Isaiah, and overwhelmingly so much much more, show us the Word we have in our hands today is 95% accurate. The 5% difference is just minor variations in spelling, and word order, and have nothing to do with the message. There are 3000 surviving handwritten copies of the Iliad, but there are over 42,000 handwritten copies of the Bible today. 



Yes, let us reason with the Lord. He is not a God who is a dictator who wants us to just follow Him without knowing why. He woos us because He loves us. “I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.” (Rev. 3:20) Yes Lord, I hear Your voice, and there is nothing I want more than to be friends with You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy