Monday, February 19, 2018

Love One Another

“Love your neighbor as yourself.” 
Lev. 19:18



In a way, we are the world’s Bible. Our love for one another will prove to the world that we are followers of Christ (John 13:35). Sadly, many of us fall short in this. 


Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi often carried a Bible around and would quote from his favorite “Sermon on the Mount”. When Gandhi met with the missionary E. Stanley Jones, they had this conversation: "Mr. Gandhi, though you quote the words of Christ often, why is that you appear to so adamantly reject becoming his follower?"

Gandhi answered, "Oh, I don't reject Christ. I love Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ. If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ, as found in the Bible, all of India would be Christian today.”

What a stinging indictment of the Christians he met and had experience with! If Gandhi met you and me today, would he say the same? That we are so unlike Christ?

Dear Jesus, please help me to be more like You! Help me to love others the way You loved. Give me the grace to obey You and be Your disciple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy