Friday, September 14, 2018

Sooo Rich!

 "We have sinned in complaining against the Lord..." Numbers 21:7





How hard should it be to cultivate an attitude of gratitude? We are soooo rich! 

Consider how much a blind man would pay to have even one eye? How much a paraplegic would give to be able to move around and not have others help him do what we take for granted every day? How much for a kidney, a heart, a leg or a hand? 




We are billionaires! If you can read this, 

you have access to a computer or a cellphone. 793 million people in the world don't even have enough to eat!




Many years ago I had so many canker sores in my mouth for months at a time. I couldn't eat, I couldn't talk, I couldn't sing! But sometimes I would get respite and it felt so good to be able to sing songs during mass and in my community.  Do we have to wait to lose things before we can praise God for what we have?  There was a time I had difficulty walking. It turned out I had some compressed discs in my spine. So now I have resolved to praise God for the "ordinary, every day things" I can do. I can walk, I can talk, I can write, I can breathe on my own, I can paint, I see colors, I can read...


So much to praise God for! COUNTLESS! What other ordinary, everyday things should we be grateful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy