Thursday, March 14, 2019

Good Things from a Good God

“If you with all your sins, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will your Heavenly Father give good things to anyone who asks Him?” Matthew 7:11




This verse is uncomplicated and should be taken as is. We can pray using these words of Jesus and say, “Lord, this is what You said. ‘Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened. Or what man is there among you, when his son shall ask him for bread, will give him a stone? Or should he ask for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?’”


Jesus, these words came out of Your mouth and because You said it, I believe it. Help my unbelief, I pray, like the father with the sick child in Mark 9:24. Sometimes I ask You for things and You do not give it to me immediately. But I understand, because I do not give my son what he asks for all the time, even if he is asking for something good. It may be better for him to work for it, or to wait for a better time, or sometimes, there is a more perfect plan, something he has not asked for because he has not seen it. 




There are many good things you want to give us that we do not see. Your plans for us are far, far better than what we can envision. We need only to trust in You and believe. Yes Lord, help my unbelief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy