Saturday, March 02, 2019

Like a Little Child

“Let the children come to me...for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” Mark 10:14




Really, to be like a little child during these harrowing times that try men’s souls, would be a relief. We would not have to think about what is happening in our world, in our country, even in our neighbourhood. Just this morning, a friend of mine said they were seriously thinking of closing their 40 year old business. Expenses were so high, and there were Chinese investing in competing businesses. Their family is liquidating their assets and planning on going to the US. I am sure many are thinking of their own exit strategies. 


Lord, can I just be a little child, dependent on You even if I am 62 years old already? The world will tell me I need to think of the future, and plan well. I need to invest. Invest in what? Dollars, because the value of the peso is going down? Land, because one does not lose buying land. Gold? We can get crazy thinking of what to do to secure our future and the future of our children. 


But I remember when I was praying about our business. I was asking God about what plans He wanted me to implement. And very clearly, He reassured me that our business was in His hands. I need not worry for He held the vision, and He was on top of it. How encouraged I was when He gave me that assurance. We can always have that assurance if we claim His promises. 


In today’s Psalm (103), we can hold on to this: “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him....the kindness of the Lord is from eternity to eternity...” Yes Lord, I can be like a little child even in my old age for You have said: “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy