Saturday, February 01, 2020

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus


“Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith?” Mark 4:40




While on the boat with His disciples, Jesus  fell asleep. A violent storm arose and the waves were breaking over the boat. Although most of his disciples were seasoned fishermen, this was no ordinary squall. They woke Jesus up and He rebuked the wind, and spoke to the sea, “Quiet! Be still!” The storm ceased and there was a great calm. The disciples were amazed that the wind and sea obeyed Jesus. 


In our journey through the sea of life, we encounter many storms. Sometimes we feel like we are going to drown in the many problems and difficult experiences we face. Jesus is always in the boat with us, but sometimes we do not call on Him for help, like the disciples did. We think we can handle things on our own. We like to be self-sufficient, independent, and we prefer to solve our problems without consulting God. Or perhaps, we know that our problems are a consequence of disobeying Him. 


When we were young, my dad bought a boat, and the first time he took our family out, the water was rough and the winds were so strong. My sisters and I were terrified as we got farther and farther from shore. But I could see that my father was enjoying himself and as long as I kept my eyes on my him, I would feel safer. 


Whatever our situation, if we keep our eyes on the Lord, if we put our hope and trust in the Him, He will never fail us. “For no word from God will ever fail." (Luke 1:37) “If we are faithless, he remains faithful—for he cannot deny himself.” (2 Timothy 2:13) “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Joshua 1:5)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy