Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Lack of Faith


“He was amazed at their lack of faith.” Mark 6:6




When Jesus visited Nazareth, where He grew up, He faced rejection. He was not able to perform any miracles, apart from curing a few sick people. He was amazed at their lack of faith! 


Contrast this with the story in Matthew chapter 8, when He said, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.” A centurion had come to Him asking for help for his servant who was paralyzed. When Jesus said He would go to his home, the centurion replied, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.”


Sometimes, like the people of Nazareth, Jesus becomes too familiar. We grew up reciting the prayers, learning the bible stories in school, going to mass every Sunday. We did not really develop a relationship with Him when what Jesus most of all wants is a close relationship with us. He wants to journey with us every day, through good times and bad times. Let us not take Him for granted, like the people in His hometown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy