Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Heaven

“I had rather one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere...” Psalm 84:11



I remember going to Disneyland in Anaheim with my siblings when we were young. We were ecstatic going from one ride to the next, one attraction to the next, for one whole day. We screamed in the Haunted Mansion, we were awed by the Pirates of the Caribbean, and we explored Main Street with wide eyes. My sister wrote in her journal that Disneyland was the happiest place on earth. When we brought our kids to Disneyland Hong Kong, our kids experienced the many wonders and delights of the place as well. There was dancing in the streets, Buzz Lightyear to take pictures with and a never ending parade of swirling characters. I was brought down to earth by a character in costume asking me, “Pilipino ba kayo?” Seemed so incongruous! He was probably so homesick!!!!

Disneyland is nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to God’s court! Nothing and no place on earth can even come close to how happy we will be when we step foot into the place God has prepared for us. There is a song that goes, “I can only imagine What my eyes would see When your face is before me, I can only imagine, I can only imagine, Surrounded by Your glory What will my heart feel? Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You be still? Will I stand in your presence? To my knees will I fall, Will I sing hallelujah? Will I be able to speak at all?” 

Each and everyone of us, no exception, God made us for heaven, and sometimes we experience homesickness like that Filipino in Disneyland. We know there’s something more than this life, but sometimes in our longing for heaven, we fill our life with material things, with our career, with one thing after another. Let us search for the One who knows us best, who loves us best, and who knows the way to our heavenly home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy