Sunday, March 08, 2020

Mountaintop

“This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him.” Matthew 17:5





When we turn our face to Jesus, who do we see? Do we see the resurrected Christ, glorious and victorious? Or do we see the crucified One who gave Himself for us sinners so that one day we may be glorious and victorious? He is one and the same Lord, and Peter, James and John were able to witness His transfiguration on Mount Tabor. 


We all need mountaintop experiences, where we meet God. If we trudge up the mountain every day with our prayer time and scripture reading, for sure God will show us Himself. It may not be like Peter, James and John saw Jesus transfigured, but He will show us His face. We just need to wait upon Him. When God’s presence is so tangible, it cannot help but transform us. 


Before my open heart surgery last December, I felt the grace of God surround me so palpably that I felt no anxiety or fear, only peace. Now, while I am recuperating, even if it is difficult, I am filled with thankfulness because I am surrounded by His love all the time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy