Thursday, May 14, 2020

Remain in My Love

“Remain in My love.” John 15:9




I was 38 years old when Joshua was in my womb. I was so anxious, I just kept praying and praying. God in His mercy and love, spoke to my heart, and said, “You will know how much I love you, when you hold your child in your arms.” This reassured me immensely. True to His Word, when I held Josh in my arms for the first time, I knew His perfect love.


The whole Bible is about God’s love for us. It’s all about how He calls an imperfect people to have a relationship with Him- an intimate loving relationship with a God who gave His all to save us and claim us for His very own. Our destiny is to love Him and to allow Him to love us!


Ravi Zacharias, one of my favorite Christian apologists, who is very sick right now and needs our prayers, said that to love is to treat a person with intrinsic worth, not only when they serve your purpose. I can’t imagine God needing me to do anything for Him. I am sure there are other people who could do a better job for Him! But He fashioned me, He “formed my inmost being; He knit me in my mother’s womb.” (Psalm 139:13)


The Lord is the One who gives me my worth. He is the One who gives each of us our worth, by loving us! Ravi Zacharias also said, “Only in Christian theism is love pre-existent within the Trinity, which means love precedes human life…” This is the example we must follow. We have to love as God loves us. 


Thank you Lord for Your love which is simply amazing!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy