Sunday, August 29, 2021

Every Perfect Gift



“...every perfect gift is from above...” James 1:17




We don’t realize it but many, many gifts tumble down one after the other from heaven. I like to count my blessings and write them down after I read Ann Voskamp’s book, “One Thousand Gifts”. I count concrete blessings like “thank You for brothers and sisters who pray for me” or for “good sales”, etc. 


I usually take for granted how God gave me miracle skin, that no matter how many times I dirty it up, I can clean it. When I get a wound, it heals! Even the fact I can feel pain is a gift. I get a warning that I’m in danger if I get too near a heat source!  Our skin regenerates every 27 days, and even without me consciously directing my body, my heart pumps, my eyes and ears work, my hair grows! So many amazing gifts! 


 Another gift I usually take for granted is God’s word. In the same chapter of the Book of James we read, “Humbly welcome the word that has been planted in you and is able to save your souls. Be doers of the word.” And from St. Paul’s Letter to the Hebrews (4:12), “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” I woke up this morning with God speaking to my heart, that I should claim the authority He has given me through His word, to stand on His promises. 


But the most amazing gift is God’s love that surrounds us, sustains us, and allows us to grow in His light. We take so many things for granted, but God does not take us for granted. We have a Covenant with Him, and we walk in blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy