Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Great is your Faith!

 "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." Mathew 15:28




This is one story in the Bible where Jesus was intentionally unkind. Why did Jesus reject the Canaanite woman in her great need? She called out to Him, "Have pity on me! My daughter is tormented by a demon!" Jesus was so rude, He actually compared her to a dog!


There is always a lesson in what Jesus does and says. And the obvious lesson here is the power of persistence and not giving up. The degree to which we are willing to persevere and hound God, will be the degree we will get what we want from Him. I am reminded of the time I felt rejected by God when He did not answer my prayers right away. I persisted in praying for my mom's healing. I felt like I was in the dark, with no answer, no light. 


But when I got out of the dark room, I saw the picture God was developing. It was a picture of great love, and my greatest wish. For when all is said and done, my greatest desire for my mother, indeed for myself and all my loved ones, is to be with the One who loves us most! And God is so powerful, nothing is impossible with Him! When my mother went to be with God, I was soooo ecstatic for her! I was still sad my best friend was gone from this earth but there was no trace of the devastation I felt certain I would experience. 


Indeed, when we feel God's rejection, we need only to look humbly beyond what we see,  persist in prayer, and never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy