Saturday, August 21, 2021

Heart of a Servant

“The greatest among you must be your servant." Matthew 23:11




Does this make any sense?


How do we grow into having the heart of a servant instead of feeling 'entitled' that we have to be served? One way is remembering that we have a purpose and to concentrate on that. We need to do the next right thing. 


I was impressed with the story of an usher. He is nameless but God knows His name! 

In November 1934, two young boys came into a tent where a revival meeting was going on. The place was full, so they turned to leave. But an usher saw them, put his big arms around them and said, “I'll find you seats, boys! Follow me!" He led them to two seats with the choir. 


That was the night that one of the boys, Billy Graham, gave his life to Christ, after listening to the preaching of Mordecai Ham. What if the usher was more interested 

in ogling some giggling girls? What if he was daydreaming? What if he was seething with some imagined insult? 


How many times have I concentrated on myself and what I think I am entitled to,  rather than being present in the moment doing the job I am supposed to do? Lord, forgive me. Teach me to be a servant like you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy