Monday, September 13, 2021

In Him My Soul Trusts

“The Lord is my strength and my shield. In him my heart trusts, and I find help; then my heart exults, and with my song I give him thanks.” Psalm 28:7




Is it not that everyone is kind to a bride on her wedding day and does everything to help and support her? She can do no wrong, and everyone is so willing to exult with her. 


When my sister and I had our double wedding 27 years ago, we did not have a wedding coordinator. I don't think they existed then! So we assigned our friends different tasks. We even had a back up car following our friends who had the rings, pillows, Bible, and other important things. When I asked a good friend to supervise the flowers, she asked, "That's all you need me to do?" She wanted to do so much more for us. The day before my sister Tina's wedding, my sisters and I were down on our knees fixing her vintage wedding gown. I think that is how God is with the Church, His bride. We can trust Him fully, and He is our help and supporter. 


In the Old Testament, there is a story of King David, who had been hunted down like an animal by King Saul. But David loved Saul's son Jonathan. When Jonathan died, David said, “Is there still anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?”(2 Samuel 9:1) This is a picture of how God looks for ways to show us kindness, to bless us, to help us, to love us. 


We are as beautiful and precious as a bride to Him, no matter how ugly we see ourselves! And sometimes, we are the ones who hinder Him from loving us. Under the steady gaze of His love and mercy, do we hide and say, "No Lord, I am not worthy"? Or do we approach Him like an excited bride, hands open and willing to receive all His love? Yes Lord, help me, and show me Your kindness! Pour down Your favor!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy