Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Perfect Love Banishes Fear

“Do not be afraid; just have faith.” Mark 5:36




I don’t know if many people believe that God speaks to us, that Jesus desires to have a conversation with us. I just spent a whole weekend retreat listening to talks, sharings, and having quiet time in response to the message, “My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27) 


Why does God compare us to sheep? Because sheep are near sighted, and they can get into serious harm if they stray from their shepherd. Ever since I was young, I would listen to God and I know He really, really takes care of us. He is involved in my unimportant every day activities, and in the big events of my life and major decisions. But recently, I find myself in  unknown territory. I still have my pulmonary hypertension and need oxygen 24/7, and my poor husband has to do so many things to help me. When I was praying about this during the weekend, God told me to have no fear.


“Remember when you were in the hospital and you felt My presence very near you, that you had no fear at all? Perfect love banishes fear. Always strive to live in that love, that perfect love, where there is NO NEED TO FEAR for your future, for whoever becomes President, for whatever befalls Robert (my brother with cancer). Know that wherever you are, there I will be. One day you will be in my real home. Although I cannot wait for that day, there are still things you need to do, to know, to become. Trust Me and live in My perfect love.”


Perfect love. Yes I only have to remember when I was in the hospital in December 2019, when I had to undergo a coronary bypass to be followed by a  pulmonary artery embolectomy under deep hypothermic circulatory arrest. I had no fear at all, I was so fully at peace that when the nurse asked if I needed something to help me sleep the night before my open heart surgery, I said no. I slept very well and woke up early enough to have some time for prayer before they gave me an anesthesia before wheeling me off to the OR.  Amazing grace! Indeed, perfect love banishes fear and uncertainty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy