Saturday, February 26, 2022

Like a Little Child

"I assure you that whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a little child shall not enter into it." Mark 10:15




The cute little baby of my niece, when asked, “Who made Elijah?” will answer enthusiastically and with no hesitation, “God!” “Who made Apa?” “God!” “Who made Mamita?” “God!” 


When my son Josh was a toddler, I asked him, "Why are you so cute?" He responded right away with, "Because God loves me!" Of course I wrote that in my journal along with so many other stories about him. A little child has a simple, trusting faith in a God who loves completely, absolutely, unceasingly. How about us? We may have faith but we always have so many questions and buts, that our faith can go up and down depending on our situation and what we see around us. Instead of depending upon our Father who desires only to bless us, we usually struggle to do it all ourselves. 


A child can rest peacefully in his mother or father's arms with absolutely no care in his mind. Here he is protected. Here he is beloved. As he grows, his parents will teach him how to relate to other people, give him rules to follow and inculcate values. They just don't leave him out in the streets to fend for himself. 


The same is true with our Father. He doesn't leave us in this confusing maze of a world without help. In Joshua 1:8, He tells us, "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." If we approach reading the Bible like a little child at his Father's knee, trying to glean every bit of wisdom from it, we will be sure to get the blessing our Father is so eager to give us! 


Thank You Lord for loving me so much! How amazing that You find me precious, the apple of Your eye, when I am just a speck in this vast cosmos! Thank You that You desire to show me how to live so that I would be happy, fruitful and blessed by You!




“Who made Elijah?”

“God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy