Friday, January 20, 2023

Fresh, New Wind

“I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.” Hebrews 8:10





In the beginning of Ezekiel chapter 37, Ezekiel describes his vision of a lifeless valley of very dry bones. It’s a desert. As Ezekiel gazes at this desolation, God asks him, “Can these bones live? Can they ever have life in them again?” Ezekiel answers that only God could ever know that. But looking at the bones, it seems as if all hope is gone. 


When we look at the present landscape, it seems just as bleak as this valley of dry bones. Of course economies around the world have suffered but ours is especially vulnerable. Our unemployment rate in September fell to a new low since the COVID-19 pandemic began, and the World Bank assessed that 7% of firms have closed permanently. A survey revealed that an estimated 3 million Filipino families experienced hunger at least once in the last quarter of 2022. The state of the education sector is heartbreaking as it will impact the future of so many children. Then there are the rising suicide rates, and young people becoming mentally unstable. 


We hope we are over the worst of the pandemic, but we will feel its impact in generations to come. “Can we have life as we know it again” we echo the words in Ezekiel. 


If we look at this scenario, let us gaze through God’s eyes instead. He is doing a new thing, a major reset. Only He can bring a fresh, new wind, the Holy Spirit, through this desolation. He says, “Hear My Word, read My Word, and I will dwell among you, and guide you, and you shall be My people once again…I will put My laws in your minds and I will write them upon your hearts. I will be your God, and you shall be My people.” 


Instead of helplessness, if we focus on God, He will be sure and give hope. If He can bring a valley of dry bones to life again, it will be easy for Him to get our country and people on track again if we turn to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy