Thursday, November 02, 2023

Only Goodness

"Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life..."Psalm 23:6 




When I was reflecting about this I was wondering how I could still confess this with confidence even if my brother and I are sick, even if there is so much heartbreak, devastation and injustice around the world. 


I think it is because after years of listening and speaking to God, getting to know Him through the Bible, I know I can trust Him. I have faith He knows what He is doing, even if sometimes I do not understand His ways. 


I finished watching Maggie Smith’s movie The Miracle Club, about four ladies off to Lourdes, France, in search of a miracle. One of the ladies, played by Kathy Bates, denounces Lourdes as a scam because there were “only 62 certified miracles since 1858.”


But God’s miracles are too many to count if we but have the heart and discipline of gratefulness to see them. They don’t always come in the guise we expect! 


If we train ourselves to be on the lookout, we will see that yes! His blessings overflow! His goodness, kindness, generosity, mercy, peace and love follow us and even surround us every morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy