Wednesday, July 24, 2024

God’s Prophet

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5




This morning I was reading from the Prophet Jeremiah. Jeremiah was called when he was a young boy, and naturally he became fearful! But God said to Jeremiah, “Say not, 'I am too young', ...have no fear...for I am with you..." Jeremiah 1:7-8


Like Jeremiah, I can imagine God saying the same thing to me and to you: 

“Before I formed you in your mother's womb, I knew you.

Before you were born, I dedicated you, I called you.

Say not 'I am too young', 'I am too shy', ‘I am too insignificant', 'I am not smart'...


"Wherever I put you- in your office, in your school, in your neighborhood, go!

Whomever I send you to speak to, speak! Have no fear, for I am with you...."


We each have unique opportunities, unique talents and resources. Yes, we too are called to be prophets where we are, with what we have! To prophecy not only means to predict something that is to come but also to reveal the message and the will of God.


So when we read God's Word, and share it with others, we can be God's prophet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy