Friday, October 01, 2010

In my Studio

It's late on a Friday night
and here I am working
on some faces.

My sister Peggy
makes really pretty faces
but I'm the sort
who likes to sketch fast
and likes whatever comes out!

First I applied wall putty
on old book pages.
Then I drew and painted on them.
They are going to go on that smaller canvas.
The bigger canvas is a long story.
Hopefully I decide how to put words on it
so I can finally hang it on my wall!
This is the first time I'm joining
Jennifer of Studio JRU
for her Sneak Peak Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I never thought about using book pages as a background to the art piece. Very interesting and creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patsy... I am so happy that you have joined us for the first time this week! I loved the peek into your studio. What a fun process... you said wall putty... is that like spackle? I thought about using spackle once for some texture... but I was afraid it might flake off the paper. Do you find it stays put well? The big canvas is SO neat... loving it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how free you are with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wall putty is such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - coming over from JRU's sneak peek - and I love the effect of using old book pages for backgrounds...and I can't wait to see what sort of words you put on that large canvas...I have recently been "into" trees myself...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love joy with the little bird in hand & hope

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy