Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WOYWW: The Best of Plans

 Here is my desk this morning.
I am starting a new journal (left side,bottom)
as I have filled up my old one (left side, top journal).
In the middle is my scripture guide and The Word Among Us
Meditation booklet.
On the right is a sample Thank You card
which we have to design
to thank those who condoled with us
on the death of our mother.

"We can make the BEST OF PLANS
but only God can guarantee the future."
How true this is!
This time last year my mother was strong 
and still at the helm of our business.
And now, she is in Our Father's House!

In James 4:15 it reads,
"If the Lord wills it,
we shall live to do this or that."

So it is folly to make plans without 
putting the future in God's hands!

 "This kind can only come out through prayer." 
Mark 9:29. 
More things are wrought by prayer 
than this world dreams of. 
(Alfred Tennyson) 
Whatever we are going through,
 small or big, 
God can bring us through.

 "Love your enemies and 
pray for those who persecute you... 
for He makes His sun rise on the bad and the good...
Be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect." 
Mt.5:38-48. 
Perfect? How could we possibly be perfect? 
The word was translated from the Greek 'teleos' 
which means completeness or wholeness. 
I prefer to translate it as 'with integrity', 
 meaning that our actions match our heart.
 Jesus was so scathing with the Pharisees 
because they were more concerned 
about their external actions,
 obeying every tiny detail of the law, 
but forgetting the most important- LOVE. 
God wants us to be like Him, 
and God is ALL ABOUT LOVE. 
We should live out His heart of love!


So perhaps, we may not know the future,
but if we go through our day,
each and every day,
with love in our hearts,
God will take care of 
things we don't prepare for!

"Whoever receives one CHILD in My name, 
receives ME, receives not ME, 
 but the ONE who sent ME." 
Mark 9:37 
Luigi, my husband, likes to talk to street children,
 remembers their names,
 and since he talks to them now and then, 
he knows who got married, 
who has children already. 
My sister Tina tutors street children, 
brings them to museums, 
takes them swimming, or to carnivals. 
I can imagine Jesus approving with a smile. 
Not many people think of 
giving attention to insignificant people. 
People of no influence. 
People with no money, or power or fame. 
But Jesus always points them out to us. 
I think we just need eyes to see, 
a heart that cares and a way of thinking 
that allows us to see ourselves as "insignificant", 
not "entitled". 
After all, it's not about us. 
Life is about following God and 
loving the people He loves.







Blessings!

Patsy

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal nay it always inspire you to create more :) hugs Nikki no desk yet or number

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Thank you for linking up at Testimony Tuesday, Patsy. Good to have you join our community! Appreciate the verses you posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on the loss of your mother Your pain won't go away anytime soon, but I can tell you've found a way to deal with your loss.

    These are lovely journal pages too. Happy WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journals are beautiful and just spot on. You say it much more eloquently, but I know that it is not my plan, and my job is to literally go with the flow. Took a long time to learn and so very glad I did! Just beautiful work. :) Sara j #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs RobynO#37

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your mum. Sending hugs and prayers,
    LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patsy, you art as always, is such an expressive medium for you, and I too add my condolences; draw comfort in missing your Mother from the fact that every day of your life, she prepared you to be like her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to add my condolences in the loss of your mom. May God bring you comfort as you continue to use the gifts He has given you and your mom worked to help develop. Praying for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are always wonderful to read. Love your painting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your art is amazing, enjoy your new journal

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful drawings. Condolences on the passing of your mother. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #92

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Patsy. I'm sorry I missed the fact of your mum's death. I am thankful you know she is safe in our Heavenly Father's presence - what a joy and consolation amidst the heartache of missing someone.
    May God grant you His peace at this time dear friend.
    A lovely post - and how special to be able to be among the street children.
    Margaret #59

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patsy,

    I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Isn't it wonderful to know that she's in a better place and that you'll be reunited one day.

    As always, your art inspires me.

    Hugs,
    Kay (5)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely artwork as ever. Karen #44

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy