Monday, July 20, 2015

Of Calendars and Healing

"This shall be your proof..." Exodus 3:12
In the 3rd chapter of Exodus, God calls Moses from the burning bush. He tells Moses that the proof that He is who He says He is, will be, "when you bring My people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this very mountain." God's Word does not return to Him void, empty, without fruit (Isaiah 55:11). It will accomplish what He said it will. It shall succeed and prosper and achieve the purpose for which He sends it. We can read the beginning of the fulfillment of His promise to Moses in Exodus 19.

 In 2011, I was hospitalized for Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism. At that time my Doctor said I would need to wear thick, tight, Compression stockings for the rest of my life (that did wonders for my wardrobe!!!!). She also said I would need to take rat poison forever, to thin my blood and prevent any more blood clots. What I did was go to the Word of God and compile verses about God's promise to heal.

 Proverbs 4:20-22 says: "Attend to My Words, Do not let them out of your sight. Keep them within your heart, for they are life to those that find them, healing and health to all their flesh." God's Word is medicine! With no overdose! Proverbs 12:18 says, "The tongue of the wise promotes health", so I would confess "By His stripes I am healed,"(Is. 53:5) and "You will restore health unto me and heal me of my wounds." (Jer. 30:17) I confessed God's Word every day or listened to the confessions on Youtube.

 Rejoice with me! God keeps His promises! Just as it is impossible for rain to fall without accomplishing something, God's Word brought forth healing as He said it would. Yesterday my doctor said, "Congratulations!" I do not need to wear my fashionable stockings anymore and I do not need to take Coumadin! Thank you for all your prayers! 

 I will continue to confess God's Word for I still need healing for my Pemphigus Vulgaris, but I am confident that will disappear in God's time. Confess with me, "Nothing shall be impossible to us who believe!" (Matthew 17:20)

 "This month shall stand at the head of your calendar: you shall reckon it the first month of the year." Exodus 12:2
This is God's instruction to the Israelites when they were still in the land of Egypt, before the first Passover. He wanted them to start counting their days with a new calendar. The Jews had been in Egypt for more than 400 years and they were used to the Egyptian calendar which was based on the predictable flooding of the Nile. The economy, culture, religious life of Egypt all revolved around this important holiday period which is still celebrated today starting on August 15. The Egyptian calendar year was divided into 3 seasons of flooding, growth and harvest. This was not what God wanted and it was very important that the Jews started out with a new calendar.

 Our calendars should reflect what is important to us. It should show what we focus our attention on. Do we block off time for worship and fellowship with brothers and sisters? Can we see that we set aside time for God in our schedule? If we see that we have not really prioritized time with God in our calendar, I like to think we can always start again. Create a new calendar! After all, God's mercies are new every morning! (Lamentations 3:23)

 "They had been rushed out of Egypt and had no opportunity even to prepare food for the journey." Exodus 12:39
This is from one of my favorite devotionals, The Anawim Way: "All of history is a record of the love and saving work of God. One of the most significant and dramatic examples of His love at work is the great exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. After 450 years - years in which it seemed that nothing was happening, that God was not listening to their cries- the whole Israelite community was set free in a single day. The transition from slavery to freedom was so rapid that they were barely ready for it. They had no opportunity to prepare food for the journey.
"How long does it take for God to rescue us from slavery to sin? No time. He can do it in an instant. In the time it takes us to repent and ask for God's mercy, we are set free. "
Thank you Lord for Your saving work in our life!


 "Come by yourselves to an out-of-the-way place and rest a little." Mark 6:31
The 6th chapter of Mark begins with Jesus preaching and then sending out the disciples two by two to do the same. When they returned, tired but full of mixed emotions, they told him about the people they healed, the demons they exorcised, and how they had to take John the Baptist's body to put him in a tomb.
Is it any wonder that Jesus advised them to go to a deserted place and rest? Apart from the eternal rest that is something to look forward to, there is no better rest for us than in prayer. It is the closest we can come to communion with our Father! We should look forward to it, and take as much time in our busy lives to be with Him. Jesus advised that we should pray constantly. I find that when I pray and read my Father's Word for me, I can see myself through His eyes. I am confident I am the apple of His eye, that I am loved and precious. I know that whatever happens in my busy day, I can count on Him never to leave me alone. I can make mistakes, I can fall short in men's eyes, the whole world can be against me. But I know that absolutely nothing can separate me from His love, and I can absolutely count on Him to give me what I need when I need it.

"Fear not! Stand your ground, and you will see the victory the Lord will win for you today... The Lord will fight for you; you have only to keep still. Exodus 14:13-14
This is one of my favorite verses from the Bible. Moses said this just before God parted the sea for the Israelites escaping from the wrath of the Pharaoh. The mighty Egyptian army was bearing down on them and they were trapped.
Last night I went to sleep praying for someone who is trapped in a sinful situation. I am usually not afraid of saying or doing something if I feel strongly. Like I have spoken to priests after a bad homily and I've told our parish priest that his idea of a fund raiser was wrong when he invited skimpy clad Brazilian dancers to entertain the parish during a dinner.
This morning I woke up to this message. I need to be still and just trust the Lord! Sometimes we cannot do anything and we can even make things worse. So this is what I will do today. Be still and wait for God's victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy