Friday, December 25, 2015

Paint Party Friday: Merry Christmas!

 I like making backgrounds. 
It makes me feel like a kid!

 Here I am starting to paint Mary and Jesus on to my background. 

 "The light shines in the darkness, a darkness that did not overcome it." John 1:8

In the liturgical year of the Catholic church, we begin the Christmas season today, which will continue until January 10, the Feast of the Baptism of Jesus. 

We celebrate the light, Jesus, that shines in the darkness that engulfs this world. We cannot deny the darkness. we see it in every newspaper, we hear it when we listen to CNN, we are even witnesses to it in our cities. But 2,000 years ago, God became man to dwell among us, to give us fullness of life, and nothing can change that. Not terrorists who threaten our peace, not cancer or any life threatening disease, not irrational politicians, not the plunging economy, not an earthquake or a hurricane or a comet coming straight for us. Of the fullness of life 

He came to give us, we can have a share. Let us approach the Gift-giver today for that is what He desires to give us! Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus come! 

A blessed Christmas to you my blog friends!

Home


Linking with

So many WONDERFUL blogfriends 
to discover here!

and


Thank you for dropping by!

You are appreciated!
patsy

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous art work Patsy. Happy PPF and warm holiday wishes!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patsy! What a beautful piece of art. My heart often thinks of Mary at this time of year. I think about how young she was when the Holy Spirit came to her and told her that she would bring forth the Son of God, our Savior Jesus Christ. God coming to earth in human flesh, and using her - a young virgin to carry Him into this world. She must have been so scared. But God gave her the grace to complete this difficult task; just as He gives us the grace to handle the difficult things in our own lives. She is blessed among women because of her great sacrifice and her unfailing trust in Him to do this great thing through her body, her earthen vessel. May you and I be willing to give God ALL OF US just as Mary did when she brought forth her son, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to call you my friend, and my Sister in the Lord. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us each week. I always enjoy your wonderful creations. Have a blessed week, my friend.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. How serendipitous, actually, how blessed that I am your neighbor at Weekend Whispers. We have both celebrated aspects of Jesus, the Light, coming into the world.
    Your art work is beautiful, Patsy, and I loved seeing it in process.
    Blessings as you celebrate the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsy, a wonderful post, a gorgeous work of art and such a blessing to see your family. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 214\215th- FF AG challenge! Christmas Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patsy,
    Good to connect with you again. I love the way you did this. What did you make the background from?
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy