Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WOYWW: Christmas in my Heart!

 I've been enjoying making backgrounds
and last night I had to spread them out to dry them.

 Here is the other side of my table.
More backgrounds.

 Here is one of them, 
and I decided to show you what I do with them.

 First i draw a design of flowers and leaves with pencil.
Then I paint the background.

 I used a dark blue green acrylic paint here,
but I also like to use white
and that creates a whole different effect.

 Finished the background.

 Here I am using a really fine brush to make 
fine lines for the veins on the leaves.

 "Your ways, O Lord, make known to me; teach me your paths..." Psalm 25:4

 2 more days, just 2 more days! 2 more days not to miss Christmas! Although the signs and colors and sounds of Christmas are all around me, I may yet miss Christmas! I may miss it like the innkeeper who was so busy and preoccupied with his inn that had no vacancy. Even if he gave Mary and Joseph the stable, he could have made sure they were comfortable! He could have left his more prosperous guests to ask if they needed anything, food, water, blankets, a fire... I may miss Christmas if I am so busy with our business and selling during this most profitable time of the year, if I forget the people God loves, the poor, the sick, the imprisoned, forget to SEE them and what they need.  

I may miss Christmas because I am so familiar with the story. I grew up singing the same carols. We have all the symbols. We have the lights but are we still in the dark, missing the message, missing the birthday celebrant? We have wrapped gifts for every one on our list, but have we missed the greatest gift of all? I heard someone say, "I'm more excited about Star Wars than about Christmas!" I thought that was very sad but I did not know what to say! Truly Lord, it is so easy to miss Christmas during this busy time of the year. Speak to me Lord, teach me your ways. Help me to be quiet and listen. May I walk the path to your manger, and keep Christmas in my heart all year! 



Joining the lovely Julia Dunnit for a 
peek at desks and projects!

I find a lot of inspiration
visiting my friends here:

Blessings!
Patsy

11 comments:

  1. Your background and the finished art is gorgeous! Happy Happy Christmas to you and your family. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so clever building up the painting out of the background...it's so effective!!
    I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas Patsy...thanks for all the support and friendship over the past year!
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now Patsy, I need to see how you make up the base background too. Please! To say you make a few at a time is a bit of an understatement really - your desk and surrounds look wonderful! True what you say about missing Christmas because its so repeated and familiar, words to think on, thank you! Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending Merry Christmas wishes to you and yours! Glenda #33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely background. It is so sad that people miss the the true meaning of Christmas
    Jesus is the reason for the season as it says on one of my stamps.
    Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016. Anne x #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely background. It is so sad that people miss the the true meaning of Christmas
    Jesus is the reason for the season as it says on one of my stamps.
    Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016. Anne x #27

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how true, Patsy. How sad, too.
    May our Father God be present in your home and family at this special time of celebration.
    Thanks for the visit earlier.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patsy,
    Thanks for showing us how you made the beautiful batik flowers. They are amazing and full of such life.

    I'm so fortunate to have visited you today. I haven't been here for quite some time and really need to hear your message. Isn't it true that we get so caught up in everything except the true reason of Christmas. I've been blessed by your words. Thank you.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours and have a crafty 2016!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay (41)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your backgrounds look gorgeous!
    Best wishes for a wonderful and peaceful Christmas to you and yours!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background turned out amazing have a very merry Christmas hugs Nikki 4

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm running behind, but that's what I've done for the past two weeks. Your backgrounds are simply stunning. I'm always amazed at your art.

    I hope you have a merry, safe Christmas, filled with good health, happiness, and love. Happy WOYWW and happy holidays from Bleubeard, Squiggles, and #2 (that's me).

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy