Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Being Cheated

"Why not put up with injustice, and let yourselves be cheated?" 1 Corinthians 6:7

I can just imagine receiving this advice from a lawyer! "What? Just allow myself to be cheated?!!! What kind of lawyer are you?" But this is what Saint Paul advised, and he had been a zealous Pharisee prior to his conversion. Pharisees were known for their strict observance to traditional and written law. 

A long time ago, my mom was purchasing a property in Roces Avenue, but the owner, who happened to be a judge, changed his mind and preferred to sell it to a friend of his. My mom brought the case to court and won. The judge then appealed the case to a higher court. About this time, we joined the renewal and learned that we should not sue, so my mom dropped the case. God worked everything to our advantage because we were able to buy a better property which is where our building in Roces Ave. now stands. 

In Deuteronomy 32:35, God says, "Vengeance is mine. I will repay." Lord, even if we are cheated, or a victim of injustice, may we have the strength to trust that You will ultimately take care of us. Amen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy