Friday, September 09, 2016

Compelled by God!


"I am compelled by God to do it." 1 Cor. 9:16

Here Saint Paul is talking about preaching the Gospel. "I am under compulsion and have no choice." Many people have overriding cravings or impulses for all sorts of things. Saint Paul whose first compulsion was to catch Christians and persecute them for their faith was "caught" by God until He completely reversed and gave all for Christ. How about us? Are we compelled by God to love and serve others? Do we have a missionary zeal to reach out to those who are lost and hurting? 

Lord, may I be caught by You, and may You never let me go! May I know what You want me to do with my life, my gifts, my resources, and may I be compelled to follow You! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy