Thursday, June 29, 2017

Gluebooks make Me Happy!


I have been gluing pictures on notebooks and journals 
ever since I was young. 
Today, there's a name for it- gluebooks! 
It's really just a collage of anything and everything 
that inspires you or intrigues you or interests you. 


Before I throw a magazine or brochure 
I tear the pages with pictures I like. 
I also cut out articles or quotations, 
things people say that make me think, 
colors and textures and objects. 

Then I make a composition on a page before I glue it down. 

The thing about gluebooks is it's so much fun to make. 
You just can't make a mistake! 
We can be like little kids, 
cutting and pasting, cutting and pasting! 


You don't even have to have a method or a theme, 
or even correct color combinations! 
If it makes you happy, go for it!  
For some people who don't like writing,
Gluebooks are perfect! 


What I like about Gluebooks is 
you don't have to buy anything expensive.
Any old notebook will do! 
As a matter of fact you can even use an old book!
Here, I am using our 2017 papemelroti Anniversary journal
because of it's thick pages which won't crumple
no matter how much I choose to glue on it.


If you want to see more pictures of Gluebooks,
or want to know more, visit these sites:

Free e-book
Lisa Vollrath's Gluebooks
A Gluebook Flipthrough
Gluebooks on Youtube
A whole lot of examples!

You may want to see 
other do it yourself projects at



Take a Look Tuesday All Star Blogger Block Party 

Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia 
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife 
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts


TGIF Linky Party at Craft JunkieLink Up with Liz Marie
Share it Friday at MeloMommaFlaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Sweet Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Show Off Friday  Sassy SitesPotpourri friday @ 2805
Fave Crafts Homemaker on a Dime  Check Me Out Saturday

Blessings,
Patsy




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy