Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Into Our Heart

“Not as man sees does God see, ...the Lord looks into the heart.” 
1 Samuel 16:7



When God rejected Saul as King, He asked the prophet Samuel to anoint the next king. Samuel went off to Bethlehem and invited Jesse and his sons as the Lord instructed. One by one, Samuel tried to second guess the Lord. “Surely this is the Lord’s anointed!”, Jesse would think as he saw Eliab and Jesse’s other sons, but the Lord chose none of them. He had chosen Jesse’s youngest son David who was out in the fields watching sheep! 

What did God see in David when He looked into His heart? He was far from perfect but what we can see is when he sinned against God he was deeply repentant. He loved God’s law. He wrote about half of the Psalms and in it, David’s heart was humbly turned towards God. He delighted in God’s word and meditated on it. 

Saint Paul’s revelation about David is found in the Book of Acts: “After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do’” (Acts 13:22). 

Father, help me to be a delight to You. Forgive me of my many sins. May I do everything You want me to do! 

http://patsypat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you dropped by! You are a blessing!
:^) Patsy